Tuesday, November 01, 2011

GENERAL STRIKE : OAKLAND CALLING AND THE ART OF REVOLUTIONARY POSTERS

If there really is a general strike, I will be so happily surprised that I will sing out with glee.  I appreciate the call, the reason, the idea, the tactic, but I just can't picture such a think happening in America in 2011...even in Oakland.  


All that aside, the posters that have been developed calling for the Nov. 2 General Strike are some of the best "revolutionary art" I have seen in a long, long time.  The early Soviets did those "red" posters something to see.  The Chinese, especially during the Cultural Revolution, well, their wall art was second to none.


And now, we have Occupy Oakland.


My bud Bill sent this link to me.  I am in his doghouse because I keep saying I am going to post this really good piece he wrote on the hypocrisy of the Zionist Organization and it's pathetic libel of the Occupy Movement as anti-Semitic.  How about if I print a link to it below...and read 


"Pro-Israel Organization Chooses to Honor Anti-Semitic Stereotype Peddler Glenn Beck, While Condemning Occupy Wall Street"



Now back to the posters.  For a better look, click here  and you will go to the original page at Occupy Oakland.


Awesome Posters for Nov 2 General Strike!

October 31, 2011 in Front Pagegeneral strike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some more

js said...

Occupy Designs w/General Strike pieces -> https://secure.flickr.com/photos/63048007@N08/sets/72157627995022832/