Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rap Brown on John Brown

H. RAP BROWN 

"OSAWATOMI"  JOHN BROWN

I believe that John Brown may very well have been the only white person completely devoid of racism.  Anyway, Rap Brown (Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin)  back in the 60s wrote, "After I got out of jail, I learned that Julius Lester, a member of SNCC's Central Committee at that time, had read the letter (written by Rap Brown) at an anti-war rally at the U.N. and had been booed by the white people there. This was right after the Orangeburg Massacre and if whites disapproved of what I said in the letter, it showed me once again that John Brown was the only white man I could respect and he is dead. The Black Movement has no use for white liberals. We need revolutionaries. Revolutions can use revolutionaries."



Capt. Brown, we hardly knew ya...

No comments: