|GOOD AS PLACE AS ANY|
What do you do with the body of a dead nazi the likes of Erich Piebke? Toss it in the trash where it belongs, I say, then take it out to a landfill and bury it in garbage.
You want to know about Erich Priebke. Well, the Jewish Virtual Library will tell you:
Erich Priebke was a SS Hauptsturmführer of Nazi Germany who participated in the massacres at the Ardeatine caves in Rome.
The Guardian adds,
In a written interview recorded a few months before his death, Priebke, who was jailed for life over the execution of hundreds of Italians in the so-called Ardeatine massacre, denied the Holocaust and defends Adolf Hitler and the Nazi ideology.
Asked if he still consider himself a Nazi, Priebke answers: "I've chosen to be myself."
"[Nazism] is my way of looking at the world. It's my ideals, it is what for us, Germans, was the 'Weltanschauung' (worldview), which has to do with honour and self-respect also today."
The text of the interview was given to IBTimes UK by Priebke's lawyer, Paolo Giachini, who was tasked by the former Schutzstaffel (SS) captain with releasing it after his death. He said it is Priebke's "human and political will".
In the interview, Priebke proved an arrogant Nazi monster until his dying day. He claims Jews are partially to blame for the Holocaust, the true extent of which he denies. He reveals himself as an unreconstructed anti-Semite who continued to peddle the lies that stoked the genocide of six million Jews, among them 1.5 million children, as well as millions of Russians, Poles, gypsies and homosexuals.
"Responsibility lies with both parties," he says.
Why they always pick up on someone [for things happened] during war time, more than 60 years ago.
They should stop being such a pain in the neck, they are resentful, they've been a pain in the neck to the world since before Christ.
Efraim Zuroff, the head of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre, told IBTimes UK Priebke's son didn't even deserve a response.
Up steps the Society of Saint Pius X, that ultra conservative Jew hating bunch who split from the Vatican because they thought it too liberal and too freindly to Jews. One of its disgraced members is Bishop Richard Williamson, who made headlines in 2009 when he denied that any Jews were killed in gas chambers during the Holocaust.
The Italian chapter acknowledged in a statement Tuesday that Priebke was "controversial" but said he had already been convicted by Italian courts and has the right to a Christian burial.
"A Christian who has been baptized and who has received the sacraments of the Confession and the Eucharist, regardless of what have been his crimes and sins, as he dies reconciling with God and with the Church has the right to have a Holy Mass celebrated at his funeral," the group said in a statement.
Although the mayor of Albano Laziale tried to ban the nazis coffin from entering his town for the service, he was overruled by the local governmet prefect.
However, the funeral mass, the procession, the whole shindig did not pass by in peace as the report below from the AFP below shows. The National Post writes:
As the hearse bringing the coffin arrived outside the society’s church, people in the crowd slammed their fists and umbrellas on the car and shouted “We are all anti-fascist!” and “Priebke, murderer!”
Did I mention that tomorrow is the 70th anniversary of the round up of Rome's Jewish community during the Holocaust.