Friday, December 14, 2012

MAYBE WHEN IT IS YOUR CHILD, BROTHER, SISTER, MOTHER, FATHER, LOVED ONE GUNNED DOWN, MAYBE THEN YOU WILL GET IT

YOU WANT TO EXPLAIN TO THAT CHILD WHY YOU JUST HAVE TO OWN
AN AUTOMATIC WEAPON, A HAND GUN, AN ASSAULT RIFLE?

Just some thoughts today.

I can't just ignore this crap any longer.  Around thirty people, most of them grade school children, murdered in an elementary school this morning by some bastard with a couple of guns.  This is where we are in America, home of the cowards and land of the insane.  

I'll start out by admitting that even though I personally cannot own a firearm, I have always supported the right to own them by private citizens.  That said, we can't go on like this.  There are so many guns out there now, I am not sure what we can do about them, but we can do something about the future.  There are alternatives.  How about the right to own a shot gun or one long gun for hunting...no automatic weapons, no assault rifles, no hand guns.  It would, at least, be more difficult to march into a grade school with a shot gun, not impossible, I suppose, but more difficult.  It would be far more difficult to kill masses of people if you had to keep reloading.  Throw in a restriction on ammunition while you are at it and stiffen the laws already on the books and how about REAL background checks. 

I know some of my friends on the far left will say we need arms to defend ourselves against the STATE and their police...and more.  Well, lets face it my friends, if it comes to hand to hand combat with the STATE, the military, the police, we aren't going anywhere fast.  Dig it!  Again, we aren't going to outgun the STATE no matter what...and  revolution isn't a matter of who has the most guns anyway.  We can defend ourselves against individual situations with a shot gun or a hunting rifle.  

As for the NRA types and all their inane arguments, stuff em up your collective asses is all I have to say.

I am sick and tired of turning on the TV and seeing another slaughter.  Yeah, yeah, you can kill people with a knife, with your bare hands, but it is a hell of a lot tougher and it is virtually impossible to kill thirty people at once that way, don't you think.

As for the guns on the street, I don't know.  Maybe just quit selling ammunition for the handguns and the assault rifles and the automatics.  

I don't claim to have the, or maybe, any answers.  I am well aware that society, capitalism, mental health issues,  and all the rest play a big role in all of this.  Okay, fine.  We have work to do, but can't we also come up with some ideas to stop the damn gun slaughter, and I am not just talking about mass shootings.  I am also talking about all the regular old, everyday, shootings and killings happening down the block, across the street, or in your house.  

It has got to end.

It is obvious the politicians aren't ever going to do anything, so it is up to us, the multitude to do something and do it today.

Enough is freaking enough!

No comments: